Saturday, July 26, 2008

On the supply of sweet flats we can afford

Joyous tidings, o readers. Stephanie has arrived at last and has brought many exciting presents, including a gallon of Maine maple syrup. Truly a worthy wife and I am strongly leaning towards another contract year extension.

Last night we enjoyed the delights of the Golden Hind. Unfortunately when asking for a table for two I orientated my upraised fingers in the wrong direction, telling the proprietor to go fuck himself.

Today I worked for a couple of hours on a phenology paper and then we went and checked out a new flat in Finsbury. Very very nice but on a really busy corner in a borderline scallywaggly neighborhood. It was lovely but we passed, and then re-checked out the other flat in Crouch End. Also nice, but totally unfurnished with single pane windows in a somewhat remote part of London. So we're still holding off. Then we drank beer, went to the British museum where Stephanie became bored in a perhaps record time of 10-15 minutes. I then navigated us to a cider-oriented pub where I had a 7.3% room temperature, cloudy, sharp, and a bit funky cider. Great. I am thinking that the cider is better than the beer for the most part.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The quest continues like a case of venereal from a solstice party. Have you tried a pendulum (btw: did you hear Spielberg is making the new Tintin movie?)?

Hmmm... well it sounds like there isn't much alternative. I think you must definitely get into a bad mood about this. Yes definitely. Perhaps even be grumpy.

Glad to hear Stephanie is there. Say ahoy. Ahoy.

professor random said...

No way! Who is playing Captain Haddock?