In other news, my friend Mark Vinson (rhymes with "Prince Valiant") has sent me a mouth-watering depiction of a recent decent into the deepest depths of culinary ecstasy:
"I too had some fine food lately. Today I had grilled cheese sandwiches. All six were fabulous. I started with day old wonder bread, spread some inexpensive margarine on it, then added two slices of processed American cheese. I grilled them all to perfection in a Wal-Mart pan. Sometimes I get in too much of a rush at the start and heat the pan too quickly and then have to reduce the heat half way through the process. This means I burn the first couple and the last few are soggy. Not today though."
Mark is the ruler of the buglab at USU and is impervious to cold and is able to eat three steaks as large as your arm in one sitting. He also looooves Choco Tacos.
This past weekend we went to a benefit concert in Eaton (small town near Oxford) where two of my coworkers played in a totally sweet band called Frank-a-delic. They do a great ska version of anarchy by the sex pistols. We stopped into a local McDonalds and I had some fries and a shake, purely for anthropological purposes. As always, tasted like decay and frothy incandescent doom.
Then on Sunday we hooked up with my colleague Hieke and her husband Felix and wee Peter. Felix and Peter both have great hair. Part of London was shut down for a cycling festival - it was fun but a bit mobbed - lots of carnage with the little tykes careening into the barriers, just like Abdujaporov in the TDF back in the day. Heike treated us to lunch at Gaby's falafel stand near the National Portrait Gallery. Great! Huge falafel balls, well fried, coarse nubbly texture. We then went into the NPG but got bored quickly and had some tea. That night we ate at Sosta here in Crouch End using the tastelondon card (2 for 1) and it was good - just like Le Nonne in Logan, only twice as expensive. SB had a guinea fowl breast stuffed with parma ham and spinach - ooooo and on a cauliflower & broccoli mash.
And finally - joyous tiding - our local convenience store has responded to my request and now carries the caramel digestives.
And finally - this was the rice and beans from a few nights away ago. Spicy!
2 comments:
11 muggings? Wow incandescent.
On the subject of danger, I bought a new bird feeder. Unfortunately it has been violated in the most inappropriate fashion by a series of neighborhood thugs dressed as squirrels and no longer functions.
Your food exposes continue to amaze and delight. Please continue the posts. My 40th will be at the local Nepalese restaurant (rocks!). I'll send along picks.
Must have B&R! Looks like you guys did chickpeas. I've thought about that but haven't done it yet. What did you think of it?
Get SB a billy club and she can hold her own. She's tough and can be scary!
Post a Comment