Again I have been totally slacking, for no other reason than I don't feel like blogging. But for a quick update, we saw some sweet art last week or so:
Rothko exhibit at the Tate Modern. Rothko always makes me think that the world is coming apart. The canvases with a plain red background and then a different shade red circle look like someone's peeled a pop top off of reality. But then some of it looks like a bunch of black paint, too.
Cildo Meireles, also at Tate Modern. Oooo this guy does the kind of conceptual art that the stupid Turner Prize winners wish they could do.
Francis Bacon at Tate Britain. Horrible horrible stuff. Creepy. Melting popes and whatnot.
String quartet at the Vienna Cafe held at the Royal College of Art. Included all you can eat Austrian meats, cheese, wine, mimosas, and Demel pastries, all for free. I am serious.
Free showing of the Third Man with learned speech by film scholar. Turns out the balloon vendor was not cast and just happened along during filming.
Then last night we saw the new Coen Bros movie, Burn After Reading, with our friends John and Belen. Ok movie, but held in the previously mentioned Barbican Center. Excellent theater. I locked my bike to an apparently illegal spot and it'd been chained by security. I tracked them down and they said I had to come back tomorrow or pay a £150 fine. But they were fucking with me. Ha. So I got it out, rode half way home, and realized I forgot my sunglasses. So rode all the way back, spent 15 minutes trying to get back into the Barbican (it's one of those brutalist plaza pieces, totally cut off from the street), looked all over, found the glasses, got riding again, had the wind blow a plastic bag into my drivetrain, got covered in grease extracting that, got a splitting headache, and finally made it home.
In other news, I sauted onions and garlic added cabbage and slow cooked with apples green chiles and fried mustard seeds. Ooo it was good. Also chick peas take forever to cook here, cause unknown. No other beans problematic.
Friday, October 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment