We did finally find a pretty good, fully furnished flat in a decent neighborhood that's not too far from work. It's located in Crouch End, a leafy suburb mostly yuppified but still with a dying aura of quasi-bohemian funk. But mostly it's suburbia. I timed the ride to Kings Cross - 20 minutes without hauling too much ass, totally doable.
Last Sunday I did another ride with the touring club. Great fun again, blazing hot (for London), route through the Chilterns - a hilly very wealthy suburb 1/2 hour out of town. Here's a shot of one of the wee lanes we hit (taken with my mobile, sorry for the crap quality).

I can't find that great cider pub. Damn.
There is also an excellent ale pub near work - I went there with Karl and John (my immediate supervisors) and found they have a 2 for 1 deal

I am crushed to say that most of the ales are quite bland. I like the ciders better.
4 comments:
Hey congrats on finding a new place. Can you post photos?
Ale looks "thin". Belgium isn't far...
Oh on the Captain, its Andy Serkis (?!). Stange choice but who knows.
BTW: someone has put together an online compendium of the Great Capitain's insults: http://www3.sympatico.ca/brooksdr/haddock/main.htm
Some of the more terrifying ones include:
"Olympic Athelete!"
and
"Vegetarian!"
Excellent! Did you try the insult generator at:
http://www.cmdr-fire.co.uk/haddock.html
Perhaps there's a way to automatically link this to one's email signature line.
Haha. I love it. Automatically insult everyone you email. Excellent idea.
"Freshwater-spaceman!"
Dude, post your pics of the crib.
BTW: how do I set up your blistering blog so I get an email when there is an update?
What are you bitchin' about you lily-livered bandicoots? Be happy with your cider. ;)
Oh my heck, that was so much fun!
Post a Comment